Saturday, October 27, 2007

Leopard...



So... I got my brand spankin' new copy of Mac OS 10.5, aka Leopard, aka What Vista Wishes It Could Be, and I must say that I LOVE IT, so far. The only application that hasn't really worked out so far is my RSS aggregator, Shrook, but I am sure they will be releasing a Leopard compatible version soon. I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 which seems to be working just fine, as well as CuBase LE. The only other item I am worried about is whether or not my drivers for my Alesis Firewire mixer will work. I have yet to install them, simply because I am backing up my hard drive to Time Machine, Apple newest and coolest backup application, and installing the drivers requires a restart or two. But, lets cross our fingers. For that matter, I hope I don't have a power failure during this initial first time excruciatingly LOOONG Time Machine backup process...

Here's a list of third party applications I am using that seem to be working well with Leopard, so far:

- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0
- CuBase LE 1.0.8
- Endicia for Mac
- Cyberduck
- iMovie HD (I wasn't sure if it would be compatible, even though it's an Apple application)
- Instant Handbrake
- iRecordMusic
- SuperDuper (They have posted a message saying the are working on a new version for Leopard)

Anyway... I am totally stoked about Leopard. It has a ton of new, quirky features and it gives me an excuse to play on my Mac for no particular reason. NICE!

UPDATE: I installed the drivers for the Alesis Mixer. The audio output drivers seem to be an issue with Leopard. There is no audio output AT ALL through the mixer, so I imagine Alesis will have to update their drivers. BUMMER! Also, I have decided that I do not like the way running apps are shown in the dock. Instead of an arrow pointing up toward the icon, the dock now shows a blue sphere under the icon, which is difficult to see. Waaaah...

No comments: